70 new COVID-19 cases reported on Wednesday

first_imgStatewide—The Indiana State Department of Health has reported that 700 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 as of Wednesday. A total of 53,370 Indiana residents have tested positive for the coronavirus. To date, 586,589 tests have been reported to ISDH at a 9.1% positive rate and 10 new deaths were reported for a total of 2,592 Hoosiers have died to date.Locally Dearborn County has a total of 289 cases and 24 deaths reported, Decatur County has a total of 257 positive cases and 32 deaths, Franklin County has 132 positive cases and 8 deaths, and Ripley County has 137 positive cases and 7 deaths according to numbers reported to the Indiana State Department of Health.last_img read more

Read More »

Hughes upbeat over Stoke prospects

first_img Press Association The Potters announced last Friday that Hughes, who was appointed to the job in the summer of 2013, had signed a new contract through to 2019. They have thrived under the Welshman so far, last term securing their best Barclays Premier League finish of ninth with their highest points total of 50 – records they are looking to better this time around, currently lying 10th on 42 points from 30 matches. “I’ve never been in any doubt that if the right target is available and it is a possibility to get it over the line, then finances will be made available to me.” Stoke are currently only a point worse off than eighth-placed Swansea, but seventh-placed Tottenham have 11 more points than the Potters. Asked if the equivalent for the Staffordshire outfit of Chelsea’s pursuit of the title was a push for eighth place, Hughes said: “Yes, it is fair to say that – and we will always strive to be even higher than that. “Last year we were ninth and arguably we came second in that mini-league – the teams above that, seventh to first, were markedly better over that season. “So you could argue we came second then, and that the challenge for us is to be first and then maybe even better that. “Certainly that (a finish higher than eighth) won’t happen this year, but the anticipation and hope is that in the seasons that follow we can possibly break through that glass ceiling.” Jonathan Walters has sustained a calf knock, but Hughes expects the Potters forward will be available for this weekend’s Stamford Bridge contest. Defender Marc Muniesa is set to return to the matchday squad after missing five games because of a hamstring problem, and Victor Moses is also fit again – but will not be able to feature on Saturday as the opposition is the on-loan winger’s parent club. Stoke boss Mark Hughes has emphasised his confidence that he can keep the club moving in the right direction. And Hughes, happy with the financial backing he has been promised, has every confidence things can keep improving for Stoke in the seasons to come. Speaking about his new deal at his press conference to preview Saturday’s trip to league leaders Chelsea, the 51-year-old said: “I’m really pleased – I think what it gives me and the staff at the club is continuity, and that is a rare thing in football these days it seems. “I’ve had 18 months here and really enjoyed every moment of that. And to get a commitment from the owners is really satisfying. “I think we are in a good place at the moment, that everyone is excited about what is ahead of us, and that a lot of the things you need to be successful at this level are in place. We just have to make sure we keep improving.” Although Stoke have spent moderately so far in his time at the Britannia Stadium, Hughes stressed funds are there for him to “really push the boat out” in the transfer market. “We haven’t spent a great deal since I’ve been here – I think it is something like a net spend of £6million,” the former Manchester City manager said. “But I’ve never been given the impression that if the right player was available and we wanted to really push the boat out, there would not be funds available. “There have been some targets we have got very, very close to, where we would have been in a position to make a decision about whether or not we spent significant amounts, but we never actually got to the point where we needed to do that, just because the target fell by the wayside. last_img read more

Read More »

Former Syracuse guard Ash charged after fight in Armory Square in May

first_imgFormer Syracuse women’s basketball guard Tyler Ash was charged with trespass and harassment for her involvement in a fight at Urban Outfitters in Armory Square on May 27, according to court records cited in an article published by The Post-Standard Monday.Ash is accused of hitting two Urban Outfitters employees in the fight. She will appear in court July 9.Ash left the team at the conclusion of the academic year, said Dave Gunn, assistant director of athletic communications. Gunn said the SU athletic department could not comment on the situation since Ash is no longer an SU athlete. She is still listed as a senior on the SU directory system.According to court records cited in The Post-Standard, Ash entered the store with Zeyanna Stokes, who store employees said was banned from the store after being caught stealing merchandise.After the employees told them they needed to leave, Stokes is accused of punching a female employee in the face. Another female employee then yelled at Ash to get Stokes off the employee, and Ash was then accused of hitting the second employee, according to the article.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAsh was also accused of punching, pushing and scratching the first employee, leaving her with a swollen left eye and scratches on her chest, under her nose and under her left eye, according to the article.Ash enjoyed a standout career at Liverpool High School before arriving at Syracuse as a top recruit in 2008. She started five games and played in 30 games her freshman year, averaging 1.8 points and 2.8 rebounds. As a sophomore, Ash played in 36 games and averaged 4.3 points and four rebounds per game.She then redshirted as a junior in 2010-11 due to knee injuries and did not play any games despite being on the roster in [email protected] Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on June 24, 2012 at 8:05 pm Contact Ryne: [email protected]last_img read more

Read More »

U.S. Open 2019: Dustin Johnson will try to escape his runner-up reputation

first_imgDustin Johnson is happy with where his game is.The 2016 U.S. Open champion has already captured a big win this season at the WGC-Mexico Championship and has seven top-10 finishes, including runner-up finishes at the Masters and the PGA Championship. The course comes with its own challenges, not to mention the added difficulty the USGA will bring with hole placements.While Johnson has held leads there before, it will be tough to have a substantial lead going into the weekend on this course with this field.”But it’s Pebble. If — even in 2010 where I had a good — a really good chance, I had about a three-shot lead or something going into Sunday, you know, it’s a golf course where if you play solid for four days, it’s tough enough depending on the conditions,” Johnson said. “I feel like if I played really well for four days, you could win by a lot — I’d love to say yes, but I think that’s a bit of a stretch. Just because right now in the game, I feel like there’s just so many really good players, and they are all playing really well.” U.S. Open 2019: Notable Thursday-Friday groups, tee times at Pebble Beach U.S. Open 2019: Brooks Koepka feels ‘no pressure’ as he chases major three-peatcenter_img “I felt like I’m playing pretty solid. I feel like the game’s in good form,” he said. “Obviously had a pretty good week at the PGA a couple weeks ago. …”I put myself in a position to have a chance, which coming from that far behind, you know, on a really tough golf course, it’s hard to do.”Johnson has had quite a few chances in the past to come away with wins at the USGA’s marquee event. The most notable came in 2015 at Chambers Bay when he caught the wrath of his putter. Johnson finished with a three-putt, and later a one-stroke penalty from a previous hole, to fall into a tie for second place behind Jordan Spieth. It has seemed for a while that was as far as Johnson could go until he won the U.S. Open the following year. Since then, he has missed the cut (2017) and finished third (2018) in the past two U.S. Opens.This season, Johnson has played consistent golf while maintaining a top spot in the world rankings, but it hasn’t yet translated at a major championship.Even if Pebble Beach is the course where Johnson returns to major glory, he knows it won’t be easy. But the longstanding world No. 1 was recently bumped down a peg by good friend Brooks Koepka.As Johnson falls to No. 2, both in the World Golf Rankings and on golf’s biggest stage, he is still betting on himself.  Related Newslast_img read more

Read More »